We are committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace by eliminating or minimising the risk of injury to people, and the risk of damage to plant and equipment.
We will achieve this by following relevant workplace safety laws and adopting a risk management strategy of:
- identifying hazards in the workplace;
- assessing risks to workers and others;
- deciding upon and implementing measures to control those hazards; and
- monitoring that the controls are effective.
We will commit appropriate resources to ensure the provision of:
- a safe work environment;
- suitable, safe and well maintained equipment, including PPE;
- information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure competence and safety;
- safe systems of work for our workers;
- safe use, storage and transportation of substances used in the workplace.
Managers, supervisors, employees and contractors will take reasonable precautions and exercise proper diligence to comply with their safety obligations.
We encourage the participation of workers to manage health and safety in the workplace. Workers have obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and are expected to follow all company safety directives to create and maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Responsibility for development of this policy on work health and safety rests with management in conjunction with its authorised representatives. The responsibility for the implementation of this policy rests with management. The responsibility for application of the policy rests with our personnel.
Stripes Engineering co-operates with all client safety requirements when delivering a project onsite. All team members are encouraged and required to abide by all onsite safety rules and regulations. All client inductions, safety meetings and general requirements such as completing JHA’s and Take 5’s are adhered to.